FAMILIES OF K-12 STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS BEGINNING TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2018 AT 7:00 P.M.
The application is a two-step process. First, reserve your place in line by completing a brief online form. This step will determine your place in line for the first-come, first-served scholarships. After reserving your place in line, families will be emailed a unique link and use their reservation code to complete the full application.
- Go to EmpowerIllinois.org beginning Tuesday, February 27 at 7:00 P.M. to start your application.
- Complete the form with your name and contact information to timestamp your application.
Note: This step will determine your place in line for the first-come, first-served scholarships
- Also submit your home address, the names of your children, their dates of birth, and your preferred school.
Note: Only one reservation and application are allowed per family – even if you are applying for several students.
- Take note of your confirmation code after completing your reservation.
- Wait to receive an email link to your unique application where you will complete it and upload all required documents. Emails will be sent on a rolling basis and may take several weeks.
- After your unique application link has been sent to you via email, you will have 7 days (168 hours in total) to submit your completed application and all required documents. It is important to make sure all required documents have been submitted. Empower Illinois will not be able to award any scholarships to students whose applications are incomplete, lacking required documents or submitted after 7 days (168 hours in total) of the application link having been sent.
This is the list of documents you will need to complete the full application, after you have reserved your place in line.
|Adjusted Gross Income*, such as ONE of the following, as indicated at the end of the application:
*The application will ask if you receive WIC or SNAP benefits. If you do, and your federal tax return is not available to you, you may submit your statement of WIC or SNAP benefits.
|Proof of Illinois residency, such as ONE of the following for the residential parent/custodian:
Documentation of the student’s age (applicable to students entering kindergarten and first grade only), such as ONE of the following:
|The following document is optional at the time of application, but will be required prior to the student receiving scholarship dollars: